Tuesday 7 August 2012

HIATUS...

I have to express my deepest apologies to all those of you who MIGHT have missed me. As you might not know-I am only 15 years old and had to endure a terrible loss this month-my best friend Aabilwe Modise passed away recently on the 4th of July 2012. She died from stomach cancer...

Aabi was a sweet, good-natured and gorgeous girl. She was always smiling and could make you swallow your pride with her vast amounts of knowledge. She was an avid reader and always had her nose stuck in a book. I remember the first day we met, we had an in-depth conversation about dissecting a frog...I knew that we would be friends forever.

Aabi LOVED singing and she the most beautiful lilting voice you ever heard! I recall singing 'Bad Romance' with her during Math-much to the displeasure of our peers. She wrote stories too! She had this little book where she would write down short introductions and prologues but she could never finish them.

Aabi was practically my sister-we were bonded at the hip. I felt a piece of my heart tear away when she died and it was the most painful thing that I could ever imagine. In memory of her, I will post the lyrics of 'Fix You' by Coldplay-her favorite band.

May her soul rest in peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment