Monday 29 October 2012

My Interpretation of 'BLACK SHEEP'-METRIC

Ah yes, Black Sheep by my favourite band, Metric. This song was covered by the fictional band, The Clash At Demonhead in the video-game themed movie, Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World. Here's my interpretation of the song.


One of my favourite songs was ‘Black Sheep’, the cover version by the fictional band, The Clash at Demonhead! It was my favourite because it was a song that you can really get up and dance to. The scene was a band playing at a concert and I really think this fit well. The song mainly consisted of heavy bass guitar, electric guitar, drums and of course, a killer female vocalist. The song set the scene for maybe a rock concert in the 21st century. Listening to the song brought a surge of excitement and rage as I listened closely to the lyrics. In a nutshell, the lyrics describe you meeting a friend that you share a common goal with, however as time wears on; you start to see that that person relies heavily on the emotional support of others. The friend is manipulative but when they get bullied by other people, they come back to you and you still take them back, despite not liking them anymore. You try to separate from them and in doing so you point out all their flaws and how they are so dependent on others. This was ALL from the chorus! The verses basically describe two friends falling out. The one becomes rich and successful and ignores their friend, while the old friend stays in their normal life. It really made me think twice about my friendships, but I felt really happy whenever I listened to this song, and wanted to confess my true feelings to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment