Tuesday 7 May 2013

The Sims 4: TOO SOON!!

So I was scrolling through my Facebook News Feed yesterday when I see this:


And I'm all like:


And then I'm all like:



But then I start to think...'Is the world ready for another instalment in The Sims series?' Well, it was clear from most of the comments to that picture that many people weren't. Many people were still unwrapping their freshly bought Sims 3 University and were just about to order the Sims 3 Island Paradise when this little gem popped up. With the sloppy way EA handled the release of the SimCity reboot, it's no surprise that this announcement was met with mixed reactions.

Well, I can hardly say that I actually enjoyed my Sims 3 experience. The base game was riddled with bugs and glitches that just seemed to get worse with every expansion pack I bought. Despite this fact, I kept on buying them, except for Supernatural, which for religious reasons (mostly my mother), I did not purchase. I have never had any patience for 'Stuff packs'. I find them useless. Needless to say, my crappy computer struggled to deal with the influx of Sims stuff. I recently bought The Sims 3 University and failed to install it. I still can't figure out what's wrong. I may be computer illiterate but I have never come across an installation problem before, only performance, so personally I blame EA. The amount of bugs and the fact that they have yet to release two more expansion packs has left many 'Simmers' looking like:


While we scramble to pick up the remnants of the costly Sims 3 game, we have to wonder, 'Is it all worth it?'  I certainly hope EA doesn't stuff it up AGAIN. I was really looking forward to playing the new SimCity but I have since changed my mind. EA haven't released any details about the new game, except that it WON'T be an online experience which is good. *Phew!* As of writing, they are still tweaking the game's trailer and we are all waiting with baited breath. What are we looking out for? Well, all Simmers will be analyzing the trailer frame by frame. We will note down every graphic change, sound change, voice change, performance and game play change. I still firmly believe that The Sims 2 was the best installment of the series; game play-wise. The Sims 3 was released in June 2009 and it has now been 4 years...However, they are still popping out old Sims 3 expansion packs with a fresh new name and label stuck on top. I suppose we will just have to wait and see what The Sims 4 trailer holds...

All-in-all, if the new game looks like a seller, I may have to burn my Sims 3 copies...and my reaction will be like:

2 comments:

  1. :O Simone i had no idea you were a simmer.... I like you :)
    And i quite like yer blog too :)

    KAT. x

    P.S. i fed the fish, so they wont go hungry.

    ReplyDelete