Thursday 17 July 2014

Destructively deconstructing destructive distractions

Dazzled in an array of fine light
Glowing embers upon the hearth
I find you
Resting. Waiting.

Upon my arrival at this brief interval, filled with turmoil and dread
I still find you. Wandering through my head

Whether it be accompanied by another man
Flowing upon a river of love
Caressing the soft virgin features of some one else

I still find you.

Perched upon a tree
Precariously overlooking the sight of my shortcomings
Graciously gazing upon the acts of my love

Taunting me with those sweet eyes
Those pale thighs
Those tender lies that you spit
So viciously as I recoil
Redress. Regress.
Sink into the inviting warmth of your rapture
You're subtle. Motionless
I digress.
  
The shattered dreams that hung so precariously over yonder
Over that cliff
Over that hill

I find you.

Wasting away your days chasing after fantasies
Mindless ones that gnaw at the heart strings of a careless teen
Passionate ones that fill the minds of lusty housewives 
Careless mistakes that I would rather live to not regret
Childhood memories that one would sooner forget
Lest they attack you with the sudden hunger of a drunken uncle on a solitary and unaccompanied visiting hour

Cherishing each memory as if it were special
Ignoring the flaws of each member involved
Harmlessly setting fire to the fields of wheat that the village needs
Destructively deconstructing destructive distractions

And that is how I feel when I am with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment