Monday 5 August 2013

You Still Love Her

LargeAs we lay here, my love, fingers intertwined. As you sing to me about the future of our lives. As you whisper sweet nothings into my ear, telling me things that I want to hear. You always know what to say, don't you?

I swear that we've been down this road before; that's a bit cliche isn't it? You mess up, I yell at you, we cry and then you call me the next day; claiming that you love me. I take you back. It's the same old story. Day in and day out. I'm tired of it all!

I'm tired of staining my pillow with my tears and mascara. I'm tired of waiting desperately for your phone calls and texts. I'm tired of waiting for you at the lockers, looking like a damn fool! They all laugh at me, I can hear them whispering in the background. I take pills to kill the noise; drown out their venomous words. They're all just jealous I say. Well, that's what I used to say.

I'm tired of defending you all the time. Making excuses to my friends about your whereabouts when I know that you're with her!

I've seen the way you look at her lately. You used to tell me that she didn't mean anything to you, that you two were over. But I knew all along, or maybe I'm just rambling again...

You hardly have any passion any more. You're lifeless and unenthusiastic whenever we are together. You don't surprise me anymore and I haven't heard you tell me that you love me lately. All your feelings have been transferred to her. What does she have that I don't?!

Sure she may have curves that are hard to navigate. She's got legs that stretch for miles and eyes that could bore a hole through your soul. She is tall and curvaceous and her smell attracts all the other men to her. She's flawless. She's perfect in your eyes.

But I can see the truth. She leases to your destruction. She's nothing but trouble yet you still return to her every night. She lies in your arms very night, you soak up her taste and it leaves a bitter ash on your lips.

She's your addiction, and you still love her more than you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment