Sunday 11 August 2013

Food for thought

I am currently writing this at 11.08 pm Central African time. I basically have a few thoughts I'd like to express.

It seems that nowadays, many of us have come into wealth, either by choice or by luck. We chose to show off this wealth through worldly possessions that can be flaunted in front of the poorer folk. Now I'm not too sure about you guys, but as a Christian, I have been taught to not become too attached to my possessions here on Earth, as one day we will all be called to Judgement and sent to Heaven...or Hell. As is the case, our time here on Earth is short, and we have to be prepared to leave behind all of our possessions. However, no matter how many of us good folk repeat this little thought to ourselves, it simply never comes through in practice. We see ourselves growing more and more dependent on our luxuries and mistake them for necessities. We are going more and more against the very words that we have been taught and misinterpret our teachings.

Now I'm not the most religious person on Earth, and I'm not too sure if any of you out there feel the same way; but I just felt I needed to point out what I see is growing more apparent in this world. I am also the first to admit that I practically cried when I lost my iPod so obviously this rule applies to myself as well. 

Basically, we as humans are living hypocrites. Perhaps because if the fact that I am pouring out a Biblical teaching in this context then I am saying that we as Christians are hypocrites. There's a ton of other stuff that we are hypocritical about but that's for another post, another day. All I'm saying is, is that maybe we should take a step back and ask ourselves, "Are we really staying true to our teachings? Do I understand that the world is going to end and I shouldn't get too comfortable?"

However, that's not to say that you should go out and sell all your clothes and shit just cos the world is ending. Hmm, where have we heard that story before....

I dunno. You be the judge of this rather eclectic post.

           -      "Namaste."


No comments:

Post a Comment