Thursday 5 December 2013

What if it all was a lie?

Imagine if all that we were taught was a lie? That's what I wonder almost every odd day. Sometimes I worry that maybe this religion that I believe in is not real.

What if we all die right now, or sooner than we expected. Would we really be prepared for what's on the other side? I'm not sure if I'm ready to face an eternity of being an entity...to be a faceless creature in Heaven for ever and ever and ever. Would I really be ready to face God on judgment day? Would I really be prepared to answer all of his questions, knowing that he has been watching my every move all this time? The thing is, he knows what goes on in my mind and no matter how big of a clean image I put up, he still knows my deepest thoughts. I may smile at a person and be outwardly friendly, but what's to stop me of thinking ill of them?

I received some bad news recently. Another close friend of mine has...cancer. It's really quite disheartening. As soon as they told me, my heart dropped and the world seemed to spin on its own axis. I told my mum and had a right old cry about it. I even went as far as to blame God for all this. I mean, why the hell would he do this to me again?! I felt sorry for my friend, for myself and most of all: angry at God. I mean, does He enjoy making us suffer? Does he get his kicks out of it?! 

Needless to say, I haven't picked up a Bible ever since. 

All I'm saying is, imagine if all those crazy Scientologists and Atheists were right? I mean, people created religion in order to explain the unexplainable. People feel the need to rely on some higher entity in order to answer te questions that they don't understand.

I wonder if the world would be a safer place without religion.

   - "Now I'm a walking contradiction"

No comments:

Post a Comment