Thursday 18 April 2013

State of the World Part 2

I open my eyes.

My body is broken; bones shattered, heart crushed, soul drained. I am lifeless.

What kind of world do we live in? A world where we burn our children. We feed them propaganda and hand them guns. We send them to war as decoys while we infiltrate our enemies' base. We sell our children. Sell them to evil men who touch them. Sell them to rapists and killers, drug dealers are traffickers, abusers and addicts.

What kind of world is that?

We ravage our land. We deplete her of her resources and bore into her skin with our pitch forks and drills. We empty her oceans, lakes and rivers; reducing them to puddles. Her body is soon a lifeless vessel; damaged and devoid of all life. We have ripped her apart, like the hungry baby grabbing at his mother's breasts. We tear apart the flesh, leaving her landscape barren. We leave her looking unattractive. We rub salt into the wounds and have the audacity to pollute her with our evil refuse. The seeds of our humanity litter her and soon become populous nations that abuse her even more. She ends up scarred and scared; no longer sacred.

I walk across the broken glass on the ground. My feet bleed. Tears prick at my skin; cold and uninviting. I stare down at the destruction in my path. Devastation and heartache; odors pungent within the air.

What have we done? We have destroyed our futures right before our eyes. We cannot escape the path of destruction that we have laid in front of ourselves. Ignorance and greed fill our hearts. Ignorance and greed fill the minds of our leaders; the people we trust. We lead each other to wars.

Our actions. They lead  to our own demise.

We live in a world where we kill due to our beliefs. We believe that our gods have written it as thus. We believe that it is just for us to slay all Muslims, Christians, Jews etc; simply because we believe in different things.

I don't understand. Don't we all essentially believe in one God? If not then surely we all believe that we were all created by a higher being? Or maybe that's just me....

Can't we all live in peace and harmony? Perhaps that is just an idealistic dream that I have garnered. Living in a world where we do not trust our own family; fearing they might want us dead for all our riches. A world where one nation's people are more significant than another's. A world where senseless bombings kill innocents. And for what I ask you?! A few precious seconds of airtime on the news and conspiracy theories rampant on the internet. You sit in front of your television and take pleasure in watching millions suffer.

...

NO. This HAS to stop. I suppose I'm preaching to those who do not wish to be saved. Oh well, we are our own worst enemy after all. :P

I hold my breath and take a step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment