Saturday 24 November 2012

Take Me Somewhere Nice...please x)

I want to go to the beach. Nothing fancy. Just the beach.

I want to walk across the sand in my bare feet, with my black high-top Converse sneakers shoelace wrapped around my pinky. Holding my boyfriend's hand. 

I have an imaginary boyfriend. His name is Harold Sizumi. He's Japanese.

I want to jump into the waves and let them crash into my body. I'll even wear my faded jean-short shorts. And my X-Men top. It's baggy.

I want the sun to have just set. Yeah, it'll be all romantic and s***. The water will kiss my toes hello and goodbye and then go off again to its unknown lover.

I want the wind to whip my hair in all directions. But mostly whip it back. Like those pretty girls on tumblr or those models who pose on cliffs. I want to stretch my arms out and pretend I'm that chick from Titanic. Then my dog can come racing down the beach and knock me to the ground.

I want the sun's rays to kiss my skin and make it glow like a Christmas tree. Or maybe more like J-Lo. But I hate J-Lo so maybe not.

I want to lie down on a towel and sit under a huge, polka dot umbrella. With a giant vintage boombox on my shoulder. Blaring out Indie songs from YouTube Narnia.

I want to collect shells. The really pretty ones and make necklaces out of them. Then gather all the sea glass and hold it up in a jar and watch it glisten in the sun. The colors tracing patterns across my face.

I want to buy ice cream from the pier and have my 'boyfriend' smear it on my face. Then we can have an ice cream food fight. Our dog will eat the bits that fall to the sand.

I want to wear my black RayBan and not care that I look like death. I won't care because I'll be happy. I can get out my art-book and start sketching the scenery. All the neat rocks and crabs and stuff.

I want a random group of people to start singing and then I'll join in as lead. Then it can be this big uproar and stuff that takes a lovely bonfire to fix. The cops will sow up and arrest some shirtless overweight guy with a beard and a T-shirt tan line. We could all sit around a massive bonfire in the middle of the beach and get to know each other. My 'boyfriend' would break out his guitar and we would all sing a really cheesy campfire song. Maybe "Young Folks" by Peter Bjorn & John. :)




'Young Folks' - Peter Bjorn & John
        

No comments:

Post a Comment